Clariant reveal inspirations for India’s leather sector at IILF 201324 December 2012
Clariant invites India’s leather manufacturers to discover its inspiring new productivity, environment and creativity focused product ranges at the India International Leather Fair (IILF 2013) in Chennai (Booth No.3-03-B, Hall 3, January 31 - February 3, 2013). With the theme of “More than meets the eye”, Clariant will showcase their new innovative additions to their extensive portfolio offering more sustainable performance and economy to its industry partners.
In the spotlight will be Clariant’s new developments for the fine leather sector, making their debut at IILF 2013. Clariant will launch its new range of low VOC Top coats Aqualen Top FL Series for fine leathers such as shoes and bags. The innovative aqueous topcoats can be used as alternatives to the currently available solvent based tops. The new range of pure aqueous Aqualen products offers low levels of VOC and top coats with better performance than can be achieved with traditional technologies.
Clariant will also showcase their novel “Fine Leather Compacts - for lower inventory, lesser complexity and versatile applications!”. The series offers a more simplified and complete solution to the specific requirements of fine leather manufacturing.
Further product-firsts for the region include extensions to Clariant’s finishing and wet-end solutions, alongside its established EasyWhite Tan. Highlights for IILF 2013 visitors include:
Productivity and environmental compatibility:
- The highly transparent Neosan Lucido pigment range is a new dimension in brilliant colors in pure aqueous finishing. This unique, more ecological and versatile pigment series is based on a nanotechnology type of pigment dispersion and creates many opportunities in both anionic and cationic finishing systems. Neosan Lucido provides both a very elegant aniline-like appearance for classical articles as well as highly fashionable and brilliant shades without performance limitations (e.g. migrations).
- New high gloss aqueous patent topcoat Aqualen Top APT is a breakthrough in water-based finishing systems replacing solvent-based topcoats.
- Clariant’s new Melio 09-W-84 – a new generation of aqueous top coats for shiny tips effect along with waxes for fashionable effects. Melio Wax W-01 & Melio Wax 145 will also be highlighted.
- Clariant's EasyWhite Tan provides an environmentally more compatible, safer and simplified tanning process that will have major benefits for tanners supplying almost every sector, from automotive leather to footwear. This technology has been developed using Clariant's Granofin Easy F-90 Liquid, an organic compound that is not based on chrome, phenols or aldehydes. It removes the need to add salt during the tanning process as well as reducing the number of stages in the tanning process itself.
Efficiency and high-performance functionality:
- Clariant will unveil a compact range of syntans offering high economy as well as meeting the latest formaldehyde-free specifications: Tanicor RS-38 Powder, Tanicor RS-40 Powder and Tergotan RE-5020 Powder.
- New waterproofing agent Dermaphob WA-71 is a highlight from Clariant's wet end range, specially developed for high-performance water repellent shoe uppers.
- The new Melio Softfix ANV will also be revealed offering the tanner a working solution to the age old problem of improving fastness on nubuck / suede leathers whilst maintaining their natural beauty and aesthetics. Clariant’s cutting edge solution to anti-soiling properties for sofa leathers will also be a key highlight depicting the “Beauty of Resistance”.
- Clariant shares your passion for perfect leather dyeing with its “Best Performance – Cost Effective Dermapel Range of Dyes”.
Inspiring trends and invigorating fashions:
- To inspire and invigorate, Clariant will also be presenting their new Global Color Card – developed in close cooperation with Modeurop, the Fashion Pool at DSI (Das Schuhinstitut) – as well as its latest fashion trend collection for season Spring Summer 2014.