Environmental footprint of lifestyle leather explained20 July 2012
Sarah Swenson, Environmental Manager for international leather makers, PrimeAsia will be one of the key speakers at the ‘Future of American Lifestyle Leathers’ conference which takes place in Shanghai on September 3. Her presentation will cover some of their groundbreaking work measuring the water, carbon and energy footprint of their lifestyle leathers.
‘PrimeAsia’s Footprinting program provides accurate data for evaluation, motivates sustainability initiatives, and delivers customers an environmental overview of PrimeAsia's American Lifestyle Leather’s environmental impact’, explains Swenson.
Early bird discounts are offered to delegates wishing to attend the prestigious ‘The Future of American Lifestyle Leathers’, half-day conference who book before August 1st.
The afternoon conference is taking place in Shanghai, China on Monday September 3, 2012 (the day before the start of the All China Leather Exhibition) at the prestigious 5-star Jumeirah Himalayas hotel in the Pudong district of Shanghai.
Companies, speakers and topics include:
- PrimeAsia – Sarah Swenson, Environment Manager, Footprinting - American Lifestyle Leathers
- Shanghai Richina Leather – Bob Moore, CEO and President, American Lifestyle - Evolution in the Marketplace
- BASF – Peter Danisch, Challenges and Trends in Waterproofing
- National Beef – Robert Hein, General Manager and Vice-President, Leather Division, Wet-blue supply for American Lifestyle Leather producers
- SATRA – Steve Rose, General Manager – China, SATRA Cold Rating for cold environment performance footwear.
More speakers will be announced over the next few weeks.
Registration is now open by visting www.leathermag.com and clicking on the conference button:
Book now to get the early bird rate of $175. After August 1st 2012 the price will increase to $195