Leather International unveil 20 most influential tanners worldwide23 August 2012
Leather International magazine have published profiles of the most influential personalities in the leather making business from around the world. We have published a list of the 20 most important and influential tanners today in our September 2012 edition. Who are they? Get a copy of the September edition of Leather International from our stand in Hall E2 at the forthcoming ACLE in Shanghai (September 4-6) to find out. Or subscribe from our website for a paper or digital copy.
What were the criteria to be included in the power list?
- The most senior member of a large tanning group that has day-to-day involvement in the business.
- International tanners/groups with plants in different countries and regions.
- Company/group Managing Director level and above.
- Suppliers to the major brands (volume and/or luxury).
- Owners/senior person of single site mega-tanneries with high production volumes and environmental performance.
- Outstanding people who have business power in the leather industry, decision makers and political influence where appropriate.
- Major suppliers of either or all of the following: upholstery, footwear, garment and leather goods leathers. Semi processed leathers also count such as wet-blue processors.
- Who are the major players on the world stage: from Asia, South & North America, Europe, Africa & Middle East and the Indian sub-continent.
We were NOT looking for senior figures from any parent companies not connected to tanning nor suppliers, traders, agents, associations or those connected to trade fairs, research associations or other trade bodies.
How have we presented the list?
It is impossible to say who has the most power and influence from such a list so we published the final list of 20 listed alphabetically.
The readers of Leather International magazine can then decide who is their tanner of tanners!