- Production Management
- Finishing Procedure and work instructions compliance
- Participation in translations and distribution of manufacturing procedure and work instruction ensures all the finishing staffs to understand and comply with procedure and work instruction.
- Lead day to day finishing operations and drive improvement action plans to reduce variance.
- Drive and set shared ownership of vision, goal and enroll team in actions.
- Strives to challenge and fix, does not accept failure or poor performance.
- Responsible for key figures (consistency checks & identifies key drivers).
- Champion and deploy best practices and promote continuous improvement process.
- Manage finishing equipments with the aims of improving TRS and reducing CAPEX.
- Working directly with quality department, responsible in the formulation or update or necessary translations of responsible quality procedure and work instruction.
- Ensures all finishing staffs to be well trained for all the required the procedures and work instruction once it is newly setup or updated.
- Participates as required in all internal audits according to corporate standards and follows up on any deviations where corrective actions are required through the use of the internal audit.
- Finishing field management
- Direct subordinates to prepare the work station (i.e.) necessary tooling and material available at station for processing. Organizes material flows and inventory to reach production targets.
- Ensures machine reliability status is checked on a daily basis under the guidance of TPM team.
- Manage, motivate and coach shop floor supervisors and operators with headcount around 250.
- Manage finishing manufacturing costs and link them with physical.
- Launch Management and Support
- Ensure design reviews and project reviews provide succinct status and planned efforts;
- Track product and process performance for 6 months following launch.
- Ensure the staffing of team dedicated to programs.
- Take ownership of new launches.
- Manufacturing Support/Plant Metrics
- Review production quality and technical metrics to assess design/process performance and develop plans for needed improvements;
- Support 8D Problem solving needs as required
- Optimize finishing area lay-out and equipment usage
- Meet Finishing Plant Budget
- Safety, health and environment and waste control Management
- 5S management
Knowledge and skill
- Requires Leather apprenticeship and 4 year technical degree ( prefer Chemistry, materials engineering, polymer science )
- More than 5 years experience in shop floor management
- Understanding of and experience with product development systems/tools (FMEA, DOE, PPAP, APQP)
- Experienced Leather finisher in automotive (preferred) or upholstery leather;
- Chemical development for leather industry;
- Be able to pass a color acuity test
Requirement and competence
- Permanent and consistent presence on the shop floor (more than 70% working time)
- Understanding of key expertise in plant
- Strong leadership skills to keep people accountable
- Hands on role and familiar with CI tools
- Open-minded and innovation thinking
- Bilingual either in English & Thailand or Mandarin & English
Working Place: Shanghai, China or Rayong, Thailand
Eagle Ottawa -- creating fine leather upholstery since 1865 Eagle Ottawa, LLC is a leading global manufacturer of high quality automotive upholstery leather, produces leather for more than 90 vehicles with luxury brands worldwide. Eagle Ottawa is headquartered in Michigan, USA. Now Eagle Ottawa China has Leather Plant (including Finishing & Cutting) and Trim plant (including sewing and wrapping) are both in the mass production which both are located in Xin Zhuang Industrial Park, Shanghai. Our new plant in Thailand will start operations in Oct 2011.
We treat people with respect and demonstrate integrity in all facets of our business and services. We invest in people development and recognition. We provide a safe workplace and environment for our associates and communities. We are looking for the good talent to join us and extend the continuing success in China and Thailand.
Contact Person: Christine Qiu
Direct Line: (008621) 3468 7815