Clariant’s shoe concept goes on the road19 November 2009
Under the motto ‘Always one shoe step ahead’ – Clariant’s Leather Business have continued to advance their international approach to footwear leathers by holding three global development workshops in the major footwear centres in Chennai, India, Guangzhou, China, and Novo Hamburgo, Brazil. In line with the launch of their Global Shoe Concept, the company continue to address the shoe upper market with a strong focus on trends, innovation, performance and ecology. The objective of these local workshops is to generate innovative and fashionable ideas to cater for customers’ needs in the respective regions and countries.
Workshops in Asia and Latin America:
Local teams with the support of project leader Ralph Schneider, from Clariant Germany, as well as international technicians responsible for the respective countries spent one week together to exchange experiences, teambuilding and establish the strategy to offer customers the most updated and complete solution and application.
The leathers produced show a wide variety of shoe uppers from burnished goat to high performance bovine box and oily types.
‘Specifically, the shoe segment will be the focus for our future growth. The results of our workshops clearly demonstrate our leading position in this area of innovative leather chemicals, based on our commitment to provide real solutions for our special customer requirements’, commented Hubert Kollmar, head of leather business for Latin America.
Key elements of Clariant’s global shoe concept:
• International cross-functional teams
• Considering local and global requirements (eg use of local raw materials)
• Using a core range of products/systems for footwear (globally and locally manufactured)
• Use of environmentally-friendly technologies
• Seasonal fashion approach around 18 to 24 months before the fashion seasons
• Continuous approach with the latest trends from the main fashion centre’s in Europe.