Effective leather sourcing conference28 January 2009
This international conference, scheduled to take place the day before the Asia Pacific Leather Fair in Hong Kong on the afternoon of March 30, 2009, is an ideal event for those selling leather, supplying to the leather industry or buying leather products and footwear in Asia.
In the current economic climate, combined with ongoing environmental, social and technical perspectives, the emphasis of this half day conference will be on adding value through the leather supply chain. Key speakers from industry including Micro-Pak Ltd, Deloitte and BLC Leather Technology Centre Ltd will address the conference.
An opportunity to:
1. Gather key information to help run your leather business more effectively
2. Shape your organisation to meet the changing needs of the environment
3. Gain essential knowledge on sourcing leather and crucial intelligence from influential brands and retailers
4. Develop your knowledge of leather and expand your networks
- Lead and phthalates - CPSC regulations
- Update on REACH and restricted substances policies and legislation
- China market status
- Positive aspects of leather
- LWG environmental stewardship programme
- Controlling mould in products
- Chinese GB (Guobiao) Standards
This event will provide a unique opportunity for all areas of the global leather supply chain to gather valuable knowledge on the leather industry and the challenges of trading profitably in today's business environment.
Venue: Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Discounts apply for BLC members and APLF exhibitors.