Future of American Lifestyle Leather conference in Shanghai29 August 2012
Time is running out to secure delegate places for the upcoming lifestyle leather conference which is taking place in Shanghai next week. Delegates who are intending to pay (cash in US$ and RMB) only on the day will pay more for their place than registering and booking online in advance. Booking online will save you money if you are intending to attend.
In recent years there has been an explosion in outdoor lifestyle activities such as hiking, biking and climbing themed on the American great outdoors. The trend for outdoor leisure activities and casual wear for men and women of all ages is now global and it is a market that continues to grow.
To keep pace with this trend and to fight off competition from non-leather materials the tanning industry is constantly developing ever more technical leathers for footwear to cope with all-weathers and terrains.
The result is cool, breathable, yet waterproof shoes and boots that look and feel natural with excellent wear and scuff resistance.
As a result of the growth in this market segment Leather International magazine is organising a half-day conference at the prestigious 5-star Jumeirah Himalayas hotel in Shanghai on September 3, 2012.
American Lifestyle Leathers combine high performance with natural leather, a balance, which is difficult to achieve, but the resulting leather is some of the best performing and most comfortable in the leather industry. Consumers want their footwear to look cool and remain dry and comfortable – a challenge for both the tanner and footwear brand.
Speakers at the conference will address the latest waterproofing technology, the recent evolution of American Lifestyle Leathers and how to market these leathers. The latest footwear designs and retail market trends will also be discussed during the afternoon event. There will also be an opportunity for networking with the speakers and fellow delegates.
The conference date and location have been specifically chosen to run alongside the All China Leather Exhibition (ACLE) and the China International Footwear Fair (CIFF) which takes place across the road from the ultra-cool Jumeirah Himalayas hotel at the SNIEC in the Pudong district of Shanghai from September 4-6.
Speakers and topics include:
- Robert Moore, President & CEO, Shanghai Richina Leather Company - "It's a new day, marketing leathers to the leading global footwear brands."
- Robert Hein, VP and General Manager, National Beef Leathers, "Getting great results. Turning a raw commodity material into a value added ingredient material for beautiful leather."
- Sarah Swenson, Environment Manager, PrimeAsia – "PrimeAsia footprinting of American lifestyle leather."
- Peter Danisch, BASF - "Challenges and trends in waterproofing lifestyle leathers."
- Steve Rose, General Manager, SATRA Technology Services (Dongguan), "SATRA Cold Rating (SATRA TM436) for cold environment performance footwear."
- Michael Redwood, Visiting Professor, University of Northampton. "American lifestyle: leathers for co-consumers and experientials."
- Martin Ricker, Editor, Leather International, “Leather in footwear, a global perspective.”
The conference is sponsored by BASF and National Beef, APLF ltd and is supported by Tannin Corporation and SATRA. For further delegate details or to register to attend the conference please contact: Maria Wallace, [email protected]. Tel: +44 (0)207 936 6972 or click on the registration button on the website homepage.